Too long, too big, too wide, crooked, hooked, trumpet-shaped, too short… Many men and women have a complex about their noses. As the nose plays a very important role in the harmony and beauty of the face, it must meet several criteria: it must be neither too small nor too large, discreet, straight, and symmetrical.
The best-known way to change the appearance of the nose is through cosmetic surgery. This procedure is called corrective rhinoplasty and its goal is purely aesthetic…
Surgery is a radical and effective way to change the appearance of the nose, but it has many disadvantages: many people suffer from bad results that are unfortunately irreversible! A nose that is too short and/or too thin can ruin the life of a person who no longer recognizes himself in the mirror. In addition, the procedure is expensive and requires hospitalization, general anesthesia, and temporary social eviction.
Rhinoplasty by a cosmetic doctor is still little known but is becoming more and more widespread. It is now possible to correct an unsightly nose with injections of hyaluronic acid and botulinum toxin (Botox). Since the results are not as spectacular, this practice is mainly recommended for noses with a slight defect.
1. Hyaluronic acid: an effective corrector
Hyaluronic acid is known for its effectiveness in filling wrinkles, but it is also used to add volume to certain areas of the face. It can thus :
- Reduce a bump on the nose by filling in the hollows: the nose becomes straighter and smoother and softens the face
- Thicken a nose by filling in the lateral hollows (on the sides)
- Harmonize the tip of the nose by filling a hollow, a wrinkle, a hollow scar, a deformity
- Correct a defect related to a failed surgical rhinoplasty
2. Botulinum toxin: a remodeling rejuvenator
Botulinum toxin can be added to hyaluronic acid injections as a complementary treatment or used separately. It will relax certain muscles responsible for the deformation of a nose to remodel and rejuvenate it.
It can thus :
- Rejuvenate the nose by erasing wrinkles (dorsum, nasolabial folds, and the nostril line) and by smoothing nasal skin tissue
- Lengthen the nose by relaxing the upper lip
- Straighten the tip of the nose
3. Considerable advantages over cosmetic surgery:
- Convenient for those who want to see what their nose would look like before undergoing surgery
- Correct small imperfections
- Reversible: the injection products are resorbable
- No social eviction
- No hospitalization
- No general anesthesia